1) Use a Mattifying Moisturizer: These are designed specifically with oily skin types in mind. They give you the moisture you need without contributing to excess oil on the face. Generally they are the same price as your average moisturizer.
2) Double your Cleansing: Washing your face twice a day is generally safe for oily skin types. For obvious reasons this helps cut back on oil production and helps balance out your skin. Pay close attention though- if your face begins to look dry (even with a sheen) you need to tone down the cleansing to once a day and decrease your toner usage. If you don’t follow this rule, you could end up with more oil production than when you started!
3) Use Masks and Clays: This is a step many people find to be “extra” or going over the top with skincare. However, using a mask or Clay can improve your skin ten-fold. Keep in mind that these too can dry out the skin, so be sure to use the recommended amount and stick to “problem areas”.
4) Keep Blotting Papers On Hand: This is a step many people skip, but blotting papers are a very cost affective way to remove dirt and oily throughout the day. They don’t take up very much space in a purse or makeup bag and men can fold a few and stock their wallets with them.
5) DIY Facials: I know, I know. There is a touch of self promotion here- but I can’t help it. I really do love Fruit Facials! It’s so fun to make new ones and learn about benefits you never knew were sitting right in your kitchen. Not to mention they are such a great alternative for sensitive skin types. You know exactly what you’re applying to your face and you still get amazing benefits.
Check it Out: Personalized Skincare Routines for $5
Be sure to comment and let me know your secrets for controlling oily skin!