Recently, i’ve been looking for different ways to de-stress. Life has been pretty busy lately. My hours at work have increased and the blog has been taking up most of my time not spent at the office. I have the tendency to neglect myself when I have a lot of other things to focus on. My at-home Fruit Facials always help, but I wanted to find quicker ways to help relieve stress & tension when I feel it.
I always enjoy trying new lotions and recently have been getting into using a hand cream more regularly. While Johnson’s “Melt Away Stress” is a body lotion, I actually enjoy using it on my hands. Although it isn’t thick like a hand cream, I REALLY enjoy the scent. Just like the bottle says, it does help me unwind and feel at ease. I keep a small bottle by my desk at work so I can take a mini break and give my hands a little pampering.
1) Wonderful Scent. While it won’t linger on your hands for very long- every time I use it, my brain gets happy. I think it is the chamomile undertones that give it that extra relaxing vibe.
2) Absorbs quickly. I don’t have that sticky feeling after using this.
3) Packaging. It’s actually pretty simple but I only have one other purple lotion bottle and I love having two now. Also, the little quotes and story on the bottle inspires nice imagery.
4) Long Lasting: I feel that my hands are kept moisturized throughout the day. However, I do like to use this more than once just to help de-stress.
1) The only thing I really have to say is that it does not moisturize my body or my hands to the extent other lotions have. Keeping in mind that with the price however, I feel this definitely does it’s job and is very relaxing.
2) Okay, I have something else to say. I wanted to make sure I let everyone know that this lotion does contain at least 3 different types of Parabens (listed on the bottle). Therefore, it does not make the cut into my Sheer section here at CosmeticsByCortney. I do not experience any skin irritation when I use this on my hands.