After my last article Should You Celebrate Valentine’s Day, I realized that many people who will be celebrating are stumped about what to get that special someone without going over budget. Below is a list of wallet friendly gifts and inexpensive destinations.
- Skip the flower shop. Try picking her some flowers or taking her to a park or arboretum; those can be very romantic and free to low cost.
- Forget buying expensive Valentine’s Day Cards. Just pull out the old colored pencils and paper and write your date a special message. It’s always a nice touch to include a drawing with your sentiment, even if it’s just a doodle.
- Cook your date dinner. This is an excellent opportunity to be personal by cooking a favorite dish of theirs or surprise them with a new recipe. Many cooking websites have a filter option that allows you to browse using only the ingredients you select.
- Get creative. A poem is a wonderful chance to express your feelings. Even if you’re no Emily Dickinson, you’d be surprised how touching and memorable it can be to receive a poem. This is a sure-fire way to earn brownie points.
- Go to the beach. This serves the dual function of romantic and memorable. Take a bucket so you and your date can hunt for seashells. You can make jewelry with the pieces later on or keep them for display. Either way, they make a great souvenir from your celebration. Be sure to have the perfect ending and stay for the sunset.
Low Budget Ideas:
- Take your date to the local dollar theatre. If you aren’t sure where the nearest one to you is, google is an amazing tool
- If you really like the idea of candy and chocolates for your date, stores like Walgreens, The Dollar Tree, and Walmart have some great options at unbeatable prices.
- Pictures are like memories on display. You can purchase a nice frame from your local Target or any department store and place a favorite picture in it as a gift.
- Go out for a game of Miniature Golf. This one is pretty self explanatory but what many people don’t know is how reasonably priced of a date this can be. Many places offer package deals that include snacks and drinks.
- Try purchasing a personalized item from Etsy.com.
Remember for any holiday, it’s the thought that counts- not the price tag.