Why consider Etsy.com for your Valentine?
There are plenty of Valentine’s Day gift options out there for that special girl, but I find that handmade gifts send a special message for any holiday. Etsy.com is one of my favorite handmade websites and it’s had an incredible increase in popularity over the years. If you’ve ever shopped on Etsy then you probably already know what i’m talking about.
The selection of items to choose from is endless. If you’re stumped for ideas as to what you should purchase for that special someone, Etsy.com is loaded with fun, quirky, romantic and even geeky options. You can easily navigate through their categories on the left sidebar of the home page or explore treasuries that other Etsians have taken a liking to.
One other great advantage to shopping at Etsy.com is that you support handmade artists who spend countless hours making these amazing creations.
For the perfect homemade Valentines Day gift I recommend any of these options:
- Jewelry: An oldie but a goodie. I’ve yet to see a piece of jewelry fail to make a woman smile (http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinkavengerA)
- Super Soft Blanket: The over looked personal gift. This will keep her warm and cozy for any time you aren’t around to do the job. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BundleMeBaby)
- Candles: You can get these in all colors, shapes, and sizes. A really fun example is the one pictured above. This 2 in 1 combo delivers candle light and dessert. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/kokocandles)
- Pottery: Functional and Fashionable. Another great hand made gift featured here is a jewelry bowl in Robins Egg Blue. Perfect for displaying earrings and bangle bracelets. She’ll love how thoughtful and organizational you are. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/redhotpottery)
- Handmade Soap: There is a fantastic world of soap out there. If your girl hasn’t entered this universe yet, then she’s definitely in for a treat. This is a great opportunity to be original. The soap I chose to feature is super cute for Valentine’s Day, but don’t feel like you have to stick to traditional this year. You can get soaps in the shapes of Space Ships, Video Game Controllers, and even Gummy Worms. Go Natural, Scented, or Sparkled. Whatever your girl is into, handmade soaps should definitely be considered this year. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubblesUpByBethieB)
- Bubble Bath/ Bath Bombs: Another fantastic chance to be creative. So many colors and shapes out there! This is perfect for a romantic occasion or a nice relaxing mini-spa day. If your girl is overworked or stressed, she will definitely thank you for this present. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/PetalsBB)
- Purses & Bags: What more can I say? Second only to a woman’s shoe obsession, Purses are always a great way to go. I’m showing a very out there option for a purse above. I would love to receive this, but pay attention to what your girl likes. Does she always carry a large nearly beach-tote bag on a regular basis? Don’t make the mistake of giving her a miniature clutch. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/nineOHseven)
- Art: In some ways, this is the gift of beauty and conversation. Give her something that will always remind her of you, while brightening her day at the same time. Whenever she has a guest over, she can tell the story of how sweet you were to get her that fantastic art print. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/maybesparrowsplace)
- Teddy Bear: Total classic that never goes out of style. Weather you get a life-size bear or a tiny pocket teddy- it’s always sweet to get a Teddy on Valentine’s Day (http://www.etsy.com/shop/cosplaybabies)
- Decals/ Geek Gifts: If you’ve got a tech girl, or just a girl who loves her laptop or iPod, then a decal can be a pretty cool option for Valentine’s Day. This can also be a very personal gift depending on what decal you choose. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/vinylwalldesign)
Hope you found this Etsy gift guide helpful. Be sure to comment with your favorite Etsy items!