In my last article: Pinterest Explained. What is Pinterest and How do I use it? I described in detail how to set up your profile and I went over step by step instructions for how to “pin” something. I also included the general idea of Pinterest, how to use the site and why it’s so addicting.
Now that you know the basics, we can go over how and why to use Pinterest to promote business and increase brand awareness.
-Who can use their own photos as pins and benefit. Why?
- Online Shop Owners: This is a great way to show people your product and grow your clientele base. Be sure to take clear- well lit photos that display your item nicely. A small business can quickly become a large brand.
- Bloggers: When you post photos to your blog this is one of the first things people notice when visiting. Pin those photos to drive traffic to your site and get the conversation going about your articles. Someone will wanna know the story behind that interesting pin!
- Photographers: This is pretty obvious- but show off your awesome skills! There are many people on Pinterest getting married or hosting another event and looking for great photographers. Show them what you can do!
- Travel Agents & Vacation Planners: show people all of the wonderful places they could be traveling.
- Models (experienced and aspiring): Show off your awesome portfolio with Pinterest. Let everyone see how many different looks you can achieve and confidently display your previous work experience.
- Everyone!: If you’ve got something you want people to know about, display it in your pinboards on Pinterest.com.
-Use your pin description wisely: This is an excellent opportunity to let everyone know: What is available, How much your product costs, If it’s on sale, How much you charge for services, If your product is cruelty free, eco friendly, etc. Be sure to put your website or social media link in your description. This is a way for people to start recognizing your company and your brand!
A Pinterest pin can spread like a virus. I can’t tell you how many pins I see on the front page of Pinterest with multiple hundreds of ‘Re-Pins’ and ‘Likes’ within a short time span. Your goal should be to get your pins up for everyone to see! If you’d like an invite to Pinterest, just go to my Contact Page and email your chosen email address and I will invite you!